Aug 4, 2009

My first 5-K run



My friend, Tifny, and I have decided to change our lives, do something for ourselves, so we decided to start running. I need to loose a lot of baby weight and get myself healthy. I wanted to start slow so I wouldn't get discouraged. With the advice of a few friends with experience they suggested we set a goal for a race. So, we did. A 5-k. We found a schedule to follow and we DID it. I was 51st out of 103 and my time was 30:01 (9:68 min/mi). I am so proud of us and it felt so nice to get out and be active again. We are going to do a 10-k in October and another 5-k in September. We couldn't have done it without supportive husbands that help with the kids at night so we can go out on our runs. Thanks Jared and Aaron...you're the best!

ps. I found out that I was 3rd in my age bracket (old).

5 comments:

Aundrea said...

Good job, woman! I'm proud of you too!

Tennille and Nathaniel said...

I am so glad I found your blog! It is fun to see how your family is doing. Good job on the run. I have gotten into running and did up to 10 miles before getting pregnant again. It is addicting...in a good way! (I would love your email address to invite you to my blog if you want. My email is tennille.sorenson@gmail.com)

shawna henrie said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Good for you - that's awesome! I wish I could motivate myself to get some exercise.

Heather said...

Way to go Chelsea! I hate training for races, but love the actual race. Such a great feeling of accomplishment!