Sep 17, 2008

"Oh, Ma!"


I'm an embarrassment to my kids, I know, but it all in good fun. I had to post their nudie pics. They are both doing great. It seems they are starting to wake up more each day so I am learning how to juggle a little more. Tomorrow will be the first day without help so it will be a big test. But it is only for a day.
I am having trouble with this whole nursing situation. I have been pumping this whole time because up until a week ago the doc's said I shouldn't due to their size and the energy they spend trying to nurse. So, when they gave me the O.K. I thought I would start right away but it wasn't that easy. I can't seem to get a groove or have the desire to work real hard at it. I really dislike nursing so I don't have the motivation. I just don't like throwing my bosom's at something and have it chase them. Pumping has been doable for now while I have someone hear to watch the crew while I take 10 to "milk" (as Payton calls it) 8 times a day. What do I do? Do I give the nursing a real go? Or keep pumping? Or take the easy way and give up (which sounds nice)? Any advice, pointers...anyone??? I don't think I am ready to bag the benefits that nursing has with weight loss and eating like a pig though so if I could do both that would be great. So, I do have to say that life it not too shabby if this is my biggest complaint right now. But I do need help with it so if anyone has any ideas my ears are open.

2 comments:

Gail said...

My advice? Give yourself a break and do whatever is the easiest for you! I wasn't good at juggling breast feeding with life and I only had one:) Keep pumping as long as it's doable and when it isn't, formula is just fine.

Call anytime you want to chat.

Meredith said...

Nursing is hard for me too, even without twins. I always tell myself that i will give it a good try for like six weeks and then if it still is a huge pain do whatever is easiest. I also went in to the hospital and had the lactation specialist help me. I love the weight loss, eat-like-a-pig thing too!