Jun 14, 2009

Pool Initiation 2009! (2 of 7 new posts)

We broke out the pool and while it was filling the boys "tested" it to make sure it was going to work. Unfortunately a frog couple decided to start their family in our pool and without checking for such a thing I threw in some chlorine. I later was checking out the dirt on the bottom that needed to be cleaned and saw hundreds of little tadpoles swimming everywhere. Not for long. They started to turn to their sides and float to the top; by the hundreds. I tried to hurry and skim the undissolved chlorine out of the pool but it was too late. I scooped Mama frog out and rinsed her off. The boys observed her in a bug box for a few hours and when she seem ok we released her away from the pool. An hour later I went to check on the water level and found a partialy disolved Mama Frog floating on the top! SOOOOOOOOOO sad. I'm a frog killer! I said this to Payton and he assured me... "you didn't mean to mom, you tried to save them". At least he doesn't see me for who I am...a dirty rotten frog killer!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

oh my gosh that frog story is so funny! and ewww...i don't like frogs at all, so it is okay in my book to be a frog killer!)

shawna henrie said...

the other day my dogs found a rats nest. it was full of 4 little baby newborn rats, all cute and innocent. i looked at them with disbelieve knowing i would have to kill them...but how?? the animal lover i am would have to kill newborns??? so i called gma faye and asked her how i should do it. i thought of running over them with my suv, i even called the human society...they would do if for $150 (not happening)...so i took gmas advice and drowned them. put them in a bag where i could not see them, and filled a bucket up with the hose and rocks. i feel your pain. we are both baby killers!!